Mike D's Sloppy Mike Sandwiches(via WebRoot News letter)
From Michael Davies, Webroot Team
- 1 package hamburger buns or Kaiser rolls
- 1 pound ground beef (chuck preferred - 80/20)
- 1 (12 fl. ounce) bottle or can beer
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- In a medium skillet/stock pot cook the ground beef over medium heat until evenly browned; drain.
- Stir in beer, salt, sugar, pepper, and yellow mustard. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium low; simmer partially covered.
- Cook until excess liquid has evaporated; remove from heat. (Note: You may need to adjust heat depending on the quantity you are cooking. Turning up the heat, and/or removing the lid, will help speed up cooking.)
- Serve on hamburger buns with pickles and mustard. Diced onion and sliced cheese are optional.